Internet packaging guide outlines basic process
Packaging and the Internet: A guide to packaging goods for multi-channel delivery systems offers a basic look at Internet packaging. The 16-page e-brochure comes from UK-based Industry Council or Packaging and the Environment (INCPEN). European regs underpin the tactics it suggests; yet the document develops common themes for packages to ship Internet orders. Some questions include:
- Can you simplify the retail pack for home delivery?
- Can you eliminate or minimize secondary packaging?
- Are materials, especially paperboard, certified as sustainable?
- Have you assessed the package as part of the overall supply chain?
- What training do operating and management staffs need?
Click here for the complete document, “Packaging and the Internet”
INCPEN’s website is www.incpen.org