RESEARCH: OMNI-CHANNEL, eCOMMERCE CHANNEL TRANSFORMATIONCASE STORY
Omni-Channel, eCommerce, Transformation Research
For: CPG Brand Retail
Without a packaging asset strategy to guide decisions on packaging equipment capabilities or impact to capacity the company found it difficult to assess and agree when/if an investment would be worthwhile for new equipment.
- Assessed current production capabilities in U.S. and Mexico for 30+ production lines
- Benchmark vs. competition and best practice leaders
- Obtained voice of the customer input for future supply chain & retail changes
- Identified gaps, vetted solutions with the PTIS Expert Team to develop strategies by production line and asset type
- Increased margins by decreased co-packing needs. Blended internal packaging capabilities with augmented co-packing options
- Aligned leadership and value chain teams to recognize opportunities in different stages of the packaging process, creating a long-term vision and tactical decision-making strategies.
- Designed more flexible and agile lines to accommodate multiple product packaging needs (material, size, quantity, shape and style)